Sunday, November 16, 2008

Wow Shrinkage on the test locks--Yikes!!

Greetings,
As you may recall I had 4 Sisterlock 'test' locks put in although was getting another individuals braid style. This has given me an ample amount of time to see what these locks will look like and behave for me...as EVERYONE's experience and finish product will be a little different-or so they say. After 30 days my little babies all 6-5 inch babies (that have shrunk down to 3") are doing well. They have unraveled somewhat-but as I was informed my hair a "3c" really likes locks and will do fine through this process. I can see where shrinkage could be a major issue. I will be sure to braid and band EVERY time I was. I'm also thinking of coloring my hair pre-sisterlock installation which is scheduled for early January. My hair which has NEVER been colored just wants a litte highlight or depth as I undergo the first 6 months of the locking process that seem to be the most crucial. HELP!!!

No comments: